La gourmet® 30cm Nitriding Cast Iron open wok
Please follow these instructions to prolong the product life and to maintain the optimal performance of your La gourmet® Nitriding Wok. Conditioning the pan with oil before it is used for the first time is very important.
- First wash your pan’s inner and outer surface with some dish washing liquid. Rinse and dry it. After drying the pan, please follow the oil conditioning procedure.
- 1. Fill the pan with one cup of oil,
- 2. Heat the pan for approximately, 5 minutes using low heat or until the pan is smoking hot.
- 3. Coat the entire interior cookware by tilting the pan and turn the oil around.
- 4. Turn off the heat and remove the oil from the pan. The oil can be kept in an oil pot for repeated seasoning. CAUTION: Pan is very hot!
- 5. Using a soft towel, spread and work the remaining oil residue evenly into the pan surface.
- 6. Initial oil conditioning is completed and the pan is ready to be used.
CAUTION: PLEASE BE CAREFULL WHEN HANDLING AND USING HEATED OIL.
- Routine oil conditioning must always be performed before each use. Performing oil conditioning before each use prevents food from sticking and makes cooking and cleaning much easier.
- This is something that most professional cooks know and do.With proper conditioning, the cookware will form a natural patina and will resist food from sticking, making cooking and cleaning easier.
- Routine Oil Conditioning
- 1. Heat up your pan using medium heat.
- 2. Add about ½ cup of oil to the pan (you can reuse the oil from the first conditioning).
- 3. Tilt the pan and turn the oil around to coat the entire interior surface.
- 4. After the oil is heated and the pan is evenly coated and conditioned, return the oil to its oil pot.
- 5. The pan is ready for cooking. Please add fresh oil for your usual cooking.
*Oil conditioning prevents food from sticking while creating a coating which allows heat to be distributed more evenly on the pan surface.
- 1. Use a scrub brush while the cookware is still hot and wash the pan with water/hot water. (Avoid using the dishwasher and dish soap as it may strip away the protective coating)
- 2. When done rinse it off and wipe off any moisture from both interior and exterior of the cookware.The cookware should be properly dried before storing.
- Make sure to perform routine oil conditioning before each use.
- Using a detergent may strip away.
- the protective coating acquired from oil conditioning.
- Should the pan require deep cleaning with a detergent, apply oil evenly to the surface after cleaning.
- Reperforming initial oil conditioning is recommended before use.
- Cast Iron
- 12.5cm x 31cm x 57.5cm